Aim of the course is to Impart Expert level knowledge in Tableau with an emphasis on Skills expected by the Industry. The student once he has completed the course, he/she should be productive from day 1 in any company in the below mentioned roles. The course should set you up with the foundation for taking the Tableau certification. The course covers Tableau Desktop (Authoring) and Tableau Server (Collaboration) and introduction to SQL / Excel and Data warehousing. The duration of the course would be 40 Hours / 20 Days (3 Weeks for Weekday Batch / 5 Weekends for Weekend Batch) and and will majorly feature an on-hand approach of using Tableau.
Job Opportunities with Tableau
Tableau offers variety of roles to choose from at any stage in your career. Some of the roles are
BI Author / Developer
Audience: This course is designed for the beginner level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand the important concepts and techniques used in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the many options for connecting to data
• Understand the Tableau interface / paradigm – components, shelves, data elements, and terminology. The student will be able to use this knowledge to effectively create the most powerful visualizations.
• Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
• Able to represent your data using the following visualization types:
o Cross Tab
o Geographic Map
o Page Trails
o Heat Map
o Density Chart
o Scatter Plots
o Pie Chart and Bar Charts
o Small Multiples
o Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
o Options for drill down and drill across
o Paretto Charts
o Using Waterfall Charts
o Using Gantt Charts
• Use Trend Lines, Reference Lines and statistical techniques to describe your data
• Understanding how to use group, bin, hierarchy, sort, set and filter options effectively
• Work with the many formatting options to fine tune the presentation of your visualizations
• Understand how and when to Use Measure Name and Measure Value
• Understand how to deal with data changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name change • Understand all of your options for sharing your visualizations with others
• Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web
• Build advanced chart types and visualizations
• Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
• Work with statistics and statistical techniques
• Work with parameters and input controls
• Implement all options in working with data: Joining multiple tables, data blending, performance considerations and working with the Data Engine, sharing your connections as metadata, and understand when to implement which connection method.
• Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
• Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design and visual best practices
• Implement many efficiency tips and tricks
• Understand the basics of Tableau Server and other options for sharing your results
• Understand R and Python Connectivity with TableauBasics of SQL , Statistics , Excel , Data Warehousing
About the Instructor:
Keshava Ramaswamy has 18+ Years of experience in the Business Intelligence / Data Sciences area. He is a MBA from IIM Ahmedabad and BE Mech from NIE Mysore.